You will find answers to the most commonly asked questions about our service here:
• What is BC FILM NETWORK?
• Who runs the BC FILM NETWORK?
• Why should I register on BC FILM NETWORK?
• Do you provide Telephone Support?
• What is a “BCFILM.GLOBALPRODUCER.COM ID”?
• Do you accept all submissions to the directory?
• Do you check or confirm the submission information?
• Can I use my directory profile as a Business Portfolio?
• What can I attach to my BC FILM NETWORK profile?
• Can the BC FILM NETWORK profile substitute a personal website?
• How is the BC FILM NETWORK different from a search engine?
• How can I make a Submission to the BC FILM NETWORK?
• How do I UPDATE or EDIT my Profile?
• My Registrant E-mail is Lost or Stolen. What should I do?
• I did not see an appropriate category for my Submission. What do I do?
• How do I suggest a New Category?
• I can find many categories my profile would fit - should I submit to all?
• I do not work and/or live in British Columbia. Can I still get listed?
• How long until my submission will be reviewed?
• I am having Technical Problems with my submission. What should I do?
• How can I place advertisement on the BC FILM NETWORK?
• How do I submit my Pictures or Demo Reels?
• How to Link to BC FILM NETWORK?
What is BC FILM NETWORK?
BC FILM NETWORK is a reference directory/guide on Film, Television and New Media industries in British Columbia. Its state-of-the-art database covers producers, distributors, service providers, agents, creative artists, business owners, studio and network executives in this region. The sections are hierarchically arranged by subject – from broad to specific.
Who runs the BC FILM NETWORK?
The BC FILM NETWORK is hosted and administered by a small staff responsible for editorial policies and direction, community management, development, and systems engineering.
Why should I register on BC FILM NETWORK?
• You will become a part of the state-of-the-art directory serving day-to-day needs of Film and TV industry
professionals in British Columbia.
• Producers, production managers, agents and casting directors will have instant access to you and your services.
• Your professional internet portfolio will be accessible 24/7 around the world.
• You will save time and money on mailing/E-mailing your resumes, demo reels, photos, etc.
Do you provide Telephone Support?
No. We don't
provide Telephone Support as standard. If you need support, and can't find the answer on this site, please raise a Support Request.
What is a “BCFILM.GLOBALPRODUCER.COM ID”?
The "BC FILM NETWORK ID" is a individual directory code we assign to each of our subscribers that can be found at the end of your profile's URL.
When your submission is approved, you'll receive an individual Welcome Letter with your BCFILM.GLOBALPRODUCER.COM ID.
As long as you are listed in the directory, you can use this BCFILM.GLOBALPRODUCER.COM ID for an easy access to your profile.
If you have Lost your BCFILM.GLOBALPRODUCER.COM ID, please do the following in order to locate it:
1) Search for your profile through the directory search engine.
2) The Number at the end of the Profile Web Address (URL) is your BCFILM.GLOBALPRODUCER.COM ID.
http://bcfilm.globalproducer.com/ID14942 -- 14942
http://bcfilm.globalproducer.com/ID13827 -- 13827
http://bcfilm.globalproducer.com/ID12028 -- 12028
http://bcfilm.globalproducer.com/ID12029 -- 12029
Do you accept ALL submissions to the directory?
We care a great deal about the quality of BC FILM NETWORK. We don't accept all submissions, so please don't take it
personally should your profile not be accepted. Our goal is to make the directory as useful as possible for our users,
not to include all of the received submissions that could possibly be listed or serve as a promotional tool for
the entities listed.
Do you check or confirm the submission information?
Our editors carefully review every submission, in order to determine the best category for it. They also confirm address,
credits and services listed by looking through your website, the Internet Movie Database, regional White/Yellow Pages, various
Printed and Internet Directories.
Can I use my BC FILM NETWORK profile as a Business Portfolio?
Absolutely! More and more people are using their personal pages on the BC FILM NETWORK as professional internet Portfolios. Save your time and money on mailing your Resumes, Demo Reels or Photos.
Your BC FILM NETWORK portfolio is accessible 24/7 worldwide!
What can I attach to my BC FILM NETWORK profile?
Each directory profile can include an original Photo Gallery and any number of Video Demo Reels hosted
on YouTube, MySpace and IFILM.
PHOTO Gallery VIDEO Demo Reel
Can the BC FILM NETWORK profile substitute a personal website?
Yes and No. A website is a necessary business tool for businesses and corporations. For many individuals (i.e. Actors, Directors, Writers, Designers), the BC FILM NETWORK profile can be an efficient way to avoid expenses related to website hosting and development. You also don’t need to worry about visitors. Everyday, your potential clients and employers are looking through the pages of the BC FILM NETWORK.
How is the BC FILM NETWORK different from a search engine?
The BC FILM NETWORK is a Web directory, not a search engine. Although we offer a search query, the purpose of the BC FILM NETWORK is to list and categorize the Film & TV industry in British Columbia. We do not rank or promote profiles for search engines. The BC FILM NETWORK is simply a data provider. The BC FILM NETWORK has no influence on how different search engines process search queries.
How can I make a Submission to the BC FILM NETWORK?
In order to make a submission to BC FILM NETWORK directory, please follow the instructions below:
1) Please go to the SUBMISSION PAGE.
2) Read “Terms of Service” and "Submission Guidelines".
3) Choose the Province and the best Category that applies to you.
5) Enter the required information into the submission forms.
How do I Update or Edit my Profile?
If you wish to update your profile, please visit the Update Page and follow the instructions.
You must specify your BCFILM.GLOBALPRODUCER.COM ID and your Registrant E-mail, in order for us to locate your profile.
Please note that we don’t edit profiles by pasting information from resumes.
My Registrant E-mail is Lost or Stolen. What should I do?
Registrant E-mail Account is used to identify our subscribers and protect integrity of their profiles. This is totally up to our customers to keep their registrant E-mail safe and secure.
However, we do realize that your Registrant E-Mail Account can be lost or stolen. In this case
1) You can send us a support request from another E-mail account listed on your personal or business website.
2) You can contact your E-mail provider (Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL) so they can return your account back to you.
I did not see an appropriate category for my Submission. What do I do?
If you are not sure about the submission category try asking editors' opinion on where best it belongs. You also may suggest a New Category for the BC FILM NETWORK directory.
How do I suggest a New Category?
We welcome all suggestions for new categories! You can send your request or suggestion to BC FILM NETWORK Staff. Due to the volume of requests and feedback, staff may not be able to inform you of our decision.
I can find many categories my profile would fit - should I submit to all?
If your professional Experience and Services fall under different directory categories, you can make separate submissions for each of them. However, your profiles must reflect differences of these categories. You should list only those Credits, Services and Skills that are related to the chosen submission category.
I do not work and/or live in British Columbia. Can I still get listed?
BC FILM NETWORK is specifically devoted to the Canadian entertainment industry. It represents only those companies and individuals that live, work or operate in this region. If you are located outside of British Columbia, you can make a submission to our sister-directory GLOBALPRODUCER.COM.
How long until my submission will be reviewed?
The time between submission and an editorial review ranges anywhere from one day to over two weeks. Reviewing submitted profiles is only one of many tasks which our editors need to perform. However, we do our best to speed up this process.
I am having Technical Problems with my submission. What should I do?
Please read carefully through our HELP CENTRAL. It helps diagnose and correct the most common submission problems. Only if your particular issue is not covered under the Help Central, you may contact our Support Team with a detailed description of the problem.
Due to the high volume of submissions, we cannot respond to all queries or questions.
How can I place advertisement on the BC FILM NETWORK?
Reach people when they are actively looking for information about your products and services online, and send targeted visitors directly to what you are offering. If you would like to discuss advertising opportunities, please contact our Advertising Department.
How do I submit my Pictures or Demo Reels?
After your submission is approved you will receive a complete Welcome Letter with your directory ID an instructions on how to send us your files.
How to Link to BC FILM NETWORK?
BC FILM NETWORK Directory welcomes links from other websites. Show your support for BC FILM NETWORK and get the word out with one of the helpful links below: